Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hemisphere - The Full Story

Click here for summary.

It's been a while since my friend Michael and I went to lunch, so we've decided to take advantage of Winterlicious. We invited my friends Yang and Boris with us. We picked at day that was convinient for all of us. But because I only had 2 hrs for lunch, it had to be close to campus. So I randomly chose Hemisphere, which was located right across from Chestnut. Boris never replied to my email reminder on Thrusday, so I called him this morning and asked if he was still coming with us. Apparently, he was supposed to be in the lab doing chemist things at 11. It was 10:45 and he still hadn't left home (takes him around 30 mintues to get to campus). So he was going to have to miss out on lunch. Stupid Boris. Could've had good bisque.

So Yang, Mikey and I walked for 15 minutes to Chestnut. We walked in, they showed us our table and we sat down. It was cold outside, so I had my heart set on getting soup anyway. The server came and informed us that the soup of the day was lobster bisque. My heart skipped a beat, my eyes glazed over and my mouth started watering. I love lobster. I love bisque. Lobster bisque is the ultimate foodgasm. So obviously I ordered the lobster bisque, shrimps and scallops fussili pasta and the New York cheesecake. Mmmmm... cheesecake. Mikey and Yang both ordered the bisque, the pasta and coconut rice pudding.

Lobster bisque came, and MY GOD, it was DELICIOUS. Tasted like creamy lobster. The taste was so rich I almost cried tears of joy. I believe I said very little as I repeated the spoon-mouth-bowl action in a very unladylike manner. Itwas very sad when I eventually finished the bisque.

Main course, again, took a while to come. The server actually stopped by our table and apologized for how long we had to wait. The pasta was good, but a relative disappointment after the bisque. The seafood was fresh, the sauce was good, but it was just not very unique.

And once again,DESSERTS! I tried some of Mikey's coconut rice pudding. Interesting, but not really to my liking. I found the cheesecake to be much, much better. Pretty standard cheesecake, but the display and the richness of the cheesecake was good.

In all, it wasn't very unique, but it was very pleasant. Maybe the dinner menu would be better.

No comments: